Sunday, November 11, 2007

Welcome to the jungle



I can specifically remember the first time that I saw this video, Welcome to the jungle by Guns n Roses. I was maybe twelve or thirteen and I was sitting home with my brother on a lazy summer day, and all day our day was composed of watching sports center, VH1 and fighting each other. On this specific say it was nice and calm and we were watching VH1 when this video came on, I was never a big fan of music videos I in fact could never really do anything about that anyways considering specifically my brother was trying to impress a girl. Anyway I was watching this video and there were a lot of things that crossed my mind, but the biggest thing is that, "wow" I wanna be a rock star, they all have money, woman and everything else that they could ever ask for, so it was then that I decided my 8696898 career, I was going to be a rock star, sing songs, get drunk, have women, and more money than I know what to do with. However as a day or so went by I realized that I wasn't going to be a rock star anymore and that in fact all the sudden I hated rock music. I wasn't until some time later that I got to see this video again, probably when they were showing classics, my dream of being a rock star had faded into a distance memory and now I was truly set on joining the Air Force. Anyway I realized that the life of a rock star isn't really cool, as much money and women as they might get, I sort of decided that that was stupid and I wouldn't throw my life away on something I didn't want to do.

No comments: