Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Leaving alone

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
So it became apparent just within the first few hours of being dropped off here at Nebraska Wesleyan that, I would have to take care of myself. Big Momma Bear and Papa Bear were not around anymore, and in fact they were some 500 miles away. The biggest problem that I faced was, well none. My first impression was that I no longer had to listen to my parents and it didn't matter what they'd say, because I don't no anyone who can see 500 miles away. I could go to sleep whenever I wished, and generally speaking I could do all the things I wanted without asking my parents permission. However, as the days drew on and on and no one was around me, to look after me I began to really miss it. The biggest battle for me, was the laundry, for the first time I had to do the laundry myself and that is diffently something that no one wants to do themselves. I can specifically recall the first time that I got a spot on my clothes and just throwing it in the wash with the bleach wasn't enough. I soon discovered that laundry after all is a little more difficult then I originally expected watching my mother do it all those youthful years of my life. And after the death of my favorite shirt, I began to wonder if I really could survive her alone, with no one to do my laundry. Later I finally figured out that 'spray n'wash' does the job, but I didn't do it right again. I sat and thought to myself, how dumb am I. I can't even do my own laundry. Then I thought I can't just do my own laundry, I can't do anything. I really started to realize just how much I really missed growing up at home, and having my mother do everything for me. All those years that I would say, I just want to leave. I no longer wish those years away, but instead I wish that I would have them back.

1 comment:

ENG 001: language and writing said...

Aww! I loved the image on this blog! It reminds me of what my room always looks like! I can't truly relate to your story about laundry, becuase I've pretty much been on my own in that department since sixth grade! However, I really do feel for you! I am so sorry about your ruined shirt! I thought your wording was very clever and comical at times, the only problem I saw was a couple instances of spelling errors. Other than that, it was well worded and I thought it was cute! It made me smile when I read it! Geat job Chris! I'll be sure to give that movie back to you buddy! ;)